logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ajax750  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2007 11:02:57 AM(UTC)
ajax750

Groups: Member

Hi all

I've had a real problem getting support. I joined last Sunday but have not received any contact from HostingFest as to how to use their services here. I've just been muddling through based on my past experience with other hosting services. I uploaded my website written in .Net V2 to my wwwroot folder and that didn't work, so would one of you gurus kindly step me through the correct procedure for setting up a website here. Your help is greatly appreciated.

ajax750
Smiling4ever  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2007 12:43:02 PM(UTC)
Smiling4ever

Groups: Administration, Member
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
What type of support you need?
I have not seen any ticket from you yet.

Open a ticket and we will assist you for sure.
Noman Dormosh

HostingFest
ajax750  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2007 9:14:15 PM(UTC)
ajax750

Thank you for responding.

I didn't realize I had to submit a support ticket to get a wecome to HostingFest email with some basic directions of how to start using the services at HostingFest. Another thing that confused me was that the support page says I must register a new account to submit new Tickets. I tried this and I did not get a response nor could I login to the support panel using my email and password. I also sent messages via the Live Support with no response. So that's why you didn't get a ticket from me. However, this morning I did manage to submit a ticket (without logging to your support page) and my ticket is: LAW-754979. In case that goes astray and since this the forum has been successful for me, here is what I requested in the support request:

I joined last Sunday and have received no instructions from HostinFest as to how to use your hosting services. Is there a document that I can download that provides information about how to get setup to start using .Net platform or CGI interface? Here are somethings I would like to know:

Re: .Net platform
I'm using .Net prof. edition with SQL2005 express edition. Which directory do I upload my website into at Hostingfest to test out my webiste? I've tried to upload it to the wwwroot subdirectory and can't access it through my browser by: www.gotohpi.com. Is there a special connection string I must use in my web.config file to point to sql DB?

re: CGI interface.
Which is the root directory? Where do I load my perl script files?

re: Sitebuilder
How to I use it?

re: DNN v4.0
I noticed it is one of the application packs. Is it part of my package or is it an extra?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Smiling4ever  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2007 10:43:13 PM(UTC)
Smiling4ever

Man

I sent you the welcome message again and replied to your ticket as well. :|

Good Luck
Noman Dormosh

HostingFest
ajax750  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 3, 2007 1:42:38 AM(UTC)
ajax750

Thank you for responding so quickly. I think we may have a clue why I'm not getting anywhere. I did not get your emails. Is there a problem in the way its been configured? I can send and receive emails if I issue them to my domain but I did not get the emails you sent just now. You can issue the emails either to my personal email address or to any one the ones I've set up in my domain. I've set all my domain emails to forward to my external email address.
Smiling4ever  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 3, 2007 3:48:10 AM(UTC)
Smiling4ever

Man

Hmmm, this is really strange.
Noman Dormosh

HostingFest
ajax750  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 3, 2007 5:19:43 AM(UTC)
ajax750

Hi Smiling4ever

Since this forum appears to be the only channel of communcation between us, would it be possible for you to post your answers to my Ticket LAW-754979 here while you are investigating why I can't receive emails from you. I can perhaps make some progress in getting my .Net website working on your servers.

TIA
Smiling4ever  
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 3, 2007 6:24:00 AM(UTC)
Smiling4ever

Man

Ok, even though i replied to your ticket i will answer your questions here

Quote:

Re: .Net platform
I'm using .Net prof. edition with SQL2005 express edition. Which directory do I upload my website into at Hostingfest to test out my webiste? I've tried to upload it to the wwwroot subdirectory and can't access it through my browser by: www.gotohpi.com. Is there a special connection string I must use in my web.config file to point to sql DB?

Upload your files inside wwwroot directly so the default.aspx will look like wwwroot/default.aspx
For the db, you will need to create the db in HELM first at the Database manager. Create user/pass for the db and manage your database remotely through the SQL Management Studio or through our sql web admin (mssqladmin.gotohpi.com)

Quote:

re: CGI interface.
Which is the root directory? Where do I load my perl script files?

We do not support perl on Windows Servers due to security issues

Quote:

re: Sitebuilder
How to I use it?

Check the knowledge base please

Quote:

re: DNN v4.0
I noticed it is one of the application packs. Is it part of my package or is it an extra?

This is part of your package. You can install DNN directly from it or by uploading the files manually.

Regards
Noman Dormosh

HostingFest
ajax750  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 3, 2007 7:24:22 AM(UTC)
ajax750

Thank you :-)
razon  
#10 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 11:21:09 PM(UTC)
razon

Upload your files inside wwwroot directly so the default.aspx will look like wwwroot/default.aspx
For the db, you will need to create the db in HELM first at the Database manager. Create user/pass for the db and manage your database remotely through the SQL Management Studio or through our sql web admin (mssqladmin.gotohpi.com)