logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
khalid  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2007 4:19:12 PM(UTC)
khalid

Groups: Member

HI all,
Any Idea how to solve this problem:
Steps have taken:
I enabled the TCP/IP for remote connection.

but I have this problem:

Server Error in '/' Application.

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Alan LeftLion  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2007 9:02:55 PM(UTC)
Alan LeftLion

Groups: Member

try this:
(i'm assuming your not on a hostingfest shared plan?)

Eventually after a timeout delay I ended up with a connection error message that says:

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 2)

A couple of searches through the Properties of the server didn't show anything refusing connections – the connection count is set to 0 (unlimited connections) and this would be the logical spot to find an option that refuses connections, right?

Well, it turns out that this is controlled by an EXTERNAL utility, the Sql Server Surface Area Configuration Tool which can be found in Start Menu Sql Server Configuration section. By default Sql 2005 indeed refuses remote connections and you need to run this utility to enable remote connections. Intuitive isn't it?
Smiling4ever  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2007 10:51:15 PM(UTC)
Smiling4ever

Groups: Administration, Member
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
khalid wrote:
HI all,
Any Idea how to solve this problem:
Steps have taken:
I enabled the TCP/IP for remote connection.

but I have this problem:

Server Error in '/' Application.

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

If you don't know the IP for the SQL server open a ticket and we will let you know. This problem is either due to wrong IP address or a local firewall or even an antivirus.
Noman Dormosh

HostingFest