logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jeff.Mowatt  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2010 4:09:35 PM(UTC)
Jeff.Mowatt

Groups: Member

I've reached the point of desperation in attempts to load an Evovita DNN backup.

3 weeks ago, my former host Webhost4life, died one me. That is to say that they moved servers and my DNN child portals stopped working, then as I tried to explain the issue they eventually stopped talking.

I purchased Evovita backup and came here to Hostingfest in the hope of getting it back on line.

For most of this week I've been trying to run a restore script and talking to support here and at Evovita.

There's no reason my script should not work. It requires a server name, database name, user name and password.

It just doesn't work.

I've asked support two days ago if they might try my script themselves. I've asked yesterday whether the database server might have a different IP from the file server. I've heard nothing.

I come here in the desperate hope of finding someone who has done this.

This is my error:

Index #: 0
Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider
Class: 20
Number: 53
Message: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
Smiling4ever  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 8, 2010 5:43:52 AM(UTC)
Smiling4ever

Groups: Administration, Member
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Jeff.Mowatt wrote:

Index #: 0
Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider
Class: 20
Number: 53
Message: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

The connectionstring should be set correctly in the web.config

Contact support for further details
Noman Dormosh

HostingFest