logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MyNet-Tony  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2006 3:51:59 PM(UTC)
MyNet-Tony
Rank: Advanced Member

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 1/24/2006(UTC)
Posts: 82
Location: Lisle, IL

I am still hesitant about this. I don't want to have to explain again to my clients why something is changing with the webmail. Not to mention any downtime associated with it.
Dan  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2006 7:32:08 PM(UTC)
Dan
Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)
Posts: 22
Location: Fairfax, VA

A beta hurts no-one though. Personally, I'm confident you'll find it worth the effort. All my clients have been very happy with MDaemon and I've been getting a lot of flack for moving them off it. Before my move to HostingFest I was pretty close to co-locating a server near me jsut to keep hosting my own email. Nothing comes close to MDaemon. Just give it a fair try.
Dan  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2006 7:40:07 PM(UTC)
Dan
Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)
Posts: 22
Location: Fairfax, VA

I will say this though.. MDameon definitely needs to be tested well with HELM. I understnad that some control panels, hopefully HELM, do support MDaemon. If so, that would be great. I do know that standalone MDaemon without a control panel is not ISP-environment friendly, it simply doesn't have the management tools built into it yet. But I think the control panels fill that gap.

Testing will let us know. That's the only deficiency I'm aware of and hopefully HELM fills the gap.
Andy  
#24 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2006 6:47:31 AM(UTC)
Andy
Rank: Advanced Member

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 1/5/2006(UTC)
Posts: 92

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
MyNet-Tony wrote:
I am still hesitant about this. I don't want to have to explain again to my clients why something is changing with the webmail. Not to mention any downtime associated with it.


I agree, plus recent sql server flareup is making a number of clients on edge. Let some time pass with stable service than make changes if needed. If however it urgent to do a switch, implement it only one of the e-mail servers and point the people who want to it leaving the bulk unaffected.
MyNet-Tony  
#25 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2006 12:02:40 AM(UTC)
MyNet-Tony
Rank: Advanced Member

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 1/24/2006(UTC)
Posts: 82
Location: Lisle, IL

I agree - we need some trouble free-time before we go messing with stuff, even if the beta goes smoothly.
webhos  
#26 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2006 11:36:35 PM(UTC)
webhos
Rank: Advanced Member

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 3/20/2006(UTC)
Posts: 27
Location: n/a

MyNet-Tony wrote:
I agree - we need some trouble free-time before we go messing with stuff, even if the beta goes smoothly.


Totally agreed.......
xuser  
#27 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2006 1:48:29 AM(UTC)
xuser
Rank: Advanced Member

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 1/15/2006(UTC)
Posts: 74
Location: Global

I think we should wait for SM 4. They are going to integrate SpamAssis to their mail server which will be a big enhancement.
Moreover, due to many recent issues with mails and server downtime, I would like to delay anything for sometime at any cost.
We need stable servers and support.

Just my 2 cents.
ChaoticSilence  
#28 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2006 2:20:35 AM(UTC)
ChaoticSilence
Rank: Administration

Reputation:

Groups: Administration, Member
Joined: 12/30/2005(UTC)
Posts: 275
Man

We have canceled this due to customer requests.
Dan  
#29 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2006 9:07:20 AM(UTC)
Dan
Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)
Posts: 22
Location: Fairfax, VA

I can understand this move. So, since SmartMail is it for some time, I'd like to see the SPAM filtering working well.
Dan  
#30 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2007 7:54:22 PM(UTC)
Dan
Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)
Posts: 22
Location: Fairfax, VA

Any time frame on an upgrade to SM4?

Thanks.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2017, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.091 seconds.